You will be a member of our Antibody Development (AbD) group developing (bio)assays for characterization of recombinant monoclonal antibodies (mAbs) and for the comparative analysis of biosimilar mAbs to its originator molecules. The techniques used within the group include primary cell purification from human blood (T and B lymphocytes, monocytes and granulocytes), cell culture, cell-based functional assays (eg, ADCC and CDC), ELISA, FACS, SDS-PAGE and Western blotting. In addition, this group is also responsible for the generation and selection (based on relevant bioassays) of New Molecular Entities. The group closely collaborates with the process development groups.
Your new position
- You will work in a team of technicians dedicated to the functional characterization of our recombinant proteins, mainly monoclonal antibodies.
- You will be responsible for the accurate execution and documentation of experiments. These experiments include both development of the (bio)assays and routine analysis of samples. You analyze the data, draw conclusions, and report these to the team.
- You will share responsibility for the lab and equipment, including maintenance and troubleshooting.
- You provide suggestions to improve standard procedures, methods, efficiency and safety.
You have a relevant background, ideally in Life Sciences, and are eager to further develop yourself. You are accurate, efficient and deliver high quality. Also, you are committed, flexible, goal-oriented, enthusiastic, and have a can-do attitude. You enjoy working in a team.
The following professional requirements apply:
- You successfully completed a higher (HLO) vocational education in Life Sciences or equivalent. Candidates with an intermediate (MLO) education in Life Sciences are also invited to apply for this vacancy.
- Ideally you have hands-on experience with mentioned bioanalytical techniques.
- You can perform experiments in parallel if needed.
- You are willing to work in accordance with our quality system, which includes performing and documenting your work according to standard procedures.
- You are fluent in English, both written and verbal.