You will be a member of our Analytical Development group developing physicochemical assays for the characterization of monoclonal antibodies and other recombinant proteins. The techniques used within the group include state of the art UPLC, mass spectrometry and capillary electrophoresis. The Analytical Development group closely collaborates with the development groups in Utrecht and with Polpharma Biologics in Gdansk, Poland.
Your new position
- You will work in a team of technicians and scientists dedicated to the characterization of our recombinant proteins, mainly monoclonal antibodies (mAbs).
- You will be responsible for assay development and qualification for both internal and client projects. If needed, you will also be responsible for the technology transfer to another site.
- You will supervise a team of technicians, and support the accurate execution and documentation of experiments.
- You provide suggestions to improve standard procedures, methods, efficiency and safety.
- You support external client projects with your analytical expertise.
You have a relevant (ideally industrial) background in protein biochemistry and are eager to further develop yourself. You work in an accurate and efficient manner. Moreover, you are committed, flexible, goal-oriented, and have a can-do attitude. You enjoy working in a team and are an excellent communicator.
The following professional requirements apply:
- You successfully completed a PhD in protein biochemistry, or have an equivalent level based on expertise and experience.
- You are an expert in relevant analytical methods like SEC-(MALLS), IEX, CE-SDS, glycan analysis, peptide mapping.
- You have hands on experience in assay development and qualification of recombinant proteins/mAbs.
- Ideally you are acquainted with the latest technologies used in the industry for analysis of mAbs, and have experience in regulatory compliant study design and documentation.